Welcome to Northern Michigan Angels
The mission of Northern Michigan Angels is two-fold: to help grow the economic base of the region through the rapid growth of early-stage companies and to provide members a compelling financial return on their time commitment and invested capital.
The entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well in Michigan! NMA was formed at the beginning on 2012 and has already invested in 10 small companies in Michigan; arrange for 33 aspiring entrepreneurial companies to present at 20 pitch events hosted by NMA; attracted 5 corporate sponsors; established alliances with 14 like minded angel groups, accelerators and incubators statewide; networked with 7 local small business resources; and staged 4 community education workshops.
We are not a managed fund. Each of our members decide whether they want to invest in the opportunities presented and how much. We have periodic pitch events with 2 or 3 30-minute presentations from entrepreneurs headquartered within Michigan.
Companies receiving investment by NMA members
- Advanced Battery Concepts, Claire, 2012
- Altus Brands, Traverse City, 2012
- Named to “2013 50 Michigan Companies to Watch”
- Gema Diagnostics, East Lansing, 2012
- GreenLancer Energy, Detroit, 2012
- Local Orbit, Ann Anbor, 2012
- Memloom, Ferndale, 2013
- ProNai Therapeutics, Kalamazoo, 2013
- RetroSense Therapeutics, Ann Arbor, 2014
- Silikids, Traverse City, 2013
- Varsity News Network, Grand Rapids, 2013
- First place winner “2013 Accelerate Michigan Innovation Competition”